“Never are my senses more engaged than when the pain sets in. There is a magic in misery. Just ask any runner.” – Dean Karnazes
- Why am I doing this?
- It’s not even light out yet!
- Bed would be so much better right now
- I don’t think I even remember how to run this morning
- I can turn around and just call it a rest day, right? Rest days are healthy too
- Okay, 1 mile in, I can do this….nah, probably not
- Good thing no one is even AWAKE to see me stumbling around like a hung-over moose
- Wait, why is Bon-freaking-Jovi on my playlist?!
- Whoah! We’re Halfway Theeeere! WHOAH! Livin’ on a PRAYER!!
- Oh, I guess that’s why…
- I’ve got to change up my playlist
- Hmmm…that sounds like it could be a blog post
- “After a while, our work ‘playlists’ can become so repetitive they no longer motivate us…”
- “We should keep the work ‘tracks’ that are working for us, but add in some fresh ones”
- “And don’t be afraid to branch out and find some new and different ‘tunes’ to try”
- Okay, that’s a start, but it needs work…
- What was that other post I was thinking about during yesterday’s run?
- I should record my thoughts while I run…
- That would look super weird
- I should check and see how far I’ve gone, feels like about 7 miles….
- Why am I doing this again? Oh yeah, “svelte Jeff”
- Okay, I can do this. Just a little farther
- So, what’s on the docket for today?
- I should write out that blog post I was thinking about. What was it?
- Playlists, right! Maybe I should include a link to my current playlist
- Hmmm….maybe my website could use some audio and video….
- What? I’m still not done?
- Can’t quit now, still a mile away from home!
- Uh oh, the always judgmental stares from the 2nd graders at the bus stop…
- [straighten your form, pick up some speed] Hi kids!
- Elementary school kids can be so catty
- There’s the house, in the home stretch now
- Hey, is that why they call it the “home stretch”?
- And DONE. Stop watch. Stop music. Try not to pass out on front lawn.
- Ah, sense of accomplishment…blah.
- I should see a drop of about 10 lbs on the scale now, right? RIGHT?!
- Wait, so now I get to START my workday?!
- Soooo, what was that blog post I was thinking about again?..